Thursday 31 March 2011

All Quiet on the Western Front

The goats are pretty happy and doing well. Holly is getting quite portly and is shaping up to be a very handsome doe. Minnie is still a little underweight, but I expect that has a lot to do with Holly being queen doe and getting all of the choice food.

Holly butts Minnie when Minnie looks like she is trying to get some food that Holly wants, or is getting some pats that Holly wants … or just because. However, Minnie isn’t averse to butting Holly right back. Just normal goatish behaviour really. I believe that when there are more goats in the herd that Minnie and Holly will get along with less butting, but I could be wrong.

Not long to go now until we have kids … I plan to have the goats serviced in late autumn so that I can have kids in spring.

Later next month I will be doing some more clearing in the top paddock in preparation for the goats moving up there. There is still a load of rubbish that needs to be cleared and the fence still needs to be goat-proofed, but that will progress as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section