I started with an old Saanen doe that we got from the RSPCA, "Blossom". That was back in the days when we didn't know that one goat just means trouble. Blossom escaped once too often into our vegetable patch, so she moved back to the RSPCA ... lovely goat and really sweet natured.
Next we rescued a pair of kids from the north of the state, a Saanen and a British Alpine doe kid (Molly and Millie). Unfortunately, Molly died from scours very soon after getting home, so we very quickly raced around trying to find Millie a friend ... and then we come to Holly (pictured above). Holly was our first Anglo-Nubian goat.
Much later, we discovered that Mille had CAE (Caprine Arthritis/Encephalitis) disease and so she had to be put down. Again with the running around and trying to find a companion for Holly. This brought us to Minnie ... another Anglo-Nubian goat (actually, Holly's cousin).