Friday 31 December 2010

Goat News

The goats are doing very well and they are growing nicely. I’ve noticed, however, that Millie has a scur on her head where the disbudding didn’t remove all of the horn cells from the horn bud. I’m not sure what to do about this yet. She possibly needs to take a trip to the vet to sort this out before she gets much older.

clip_image002She still loves playing on the Goat Ziggurat.

We take the goats up into the top paddock for a browse every couple of days and they love roaming around and biting the tops off all of the weeds up there. They never venture too far from us though and, if they do, they come bounding back to us for a quick pat.

Millie especially loves lying on me and having her neck and head rubbed.

We went to the stock-feed shop the other day (Rural Solutions in Sorell) and bought some shampoo and a slicker to clean them down because they were getting a little dusty. I thought that I would have a bit of a job on my hands to clean them, but once they were wet, they really seemed to enjoy the shampoo treatment and rub-down. Now I have a pair of shiny goats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section