Thursday 24 May 2012

First Federal Meeting for me

Well, this weekend is the annual federal meeting of the Dairy Goat Society of Australia and it’s on here in Tasmania. It’ll be my first go at attending one of these meetings.

Now, I attend meetings and workshops all week for work, and I can’t say that I particularly relish the thought of spending more time in meetings for leisure. However, I guess that having more involvement in the goat shows and timetables will be beneficial for me and for my goat breeding schedule (as well as giving me greater access to breeders with FAR more experience and knowledge than me).

My lovely wife and I have also signed up to participate in a Dairy Goat Judging course so that we can go along to the various agricultural shows, where goats are being shown, and lend a hand. This is another way that I think that I can improve my knowledge of goats and goat husbandry while getting in touch with even more of the goat breeding world.

Hopefully, this weekend will help me to further my knowledge and get more of an insight into the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section