Sunday 20 May 2012

Holly Comes Home

Well, Holly has come home from Aunty Shelley’s today, she is looking very well and I think that she has had a good holiday. Shelley thinks that Holly was served on either 6th April (by Tyson) or 27th April (by Cochise) so her due dates would be either 3rd Sept. or 24th Sept. if she was served.

IMG057

Shelley has suggested that I reduce the goats feed, since Holly was a little overweight. We’re dropping the goats feed back to a morning feed of their normal mix of grain, lucerne chaff, carrot or apple and molasses and then a biscuit of lucerne hay in the afternoon. I expect that the kids are going to complain about the reduced rations … but what the hell.

Ideally, I will fix the fencing in the bottom paddock so that I can give the goats some more space. Until then, they live in the kidding paddock. The main problem is the amount of browse available in the kidding paddock.

As soon as Holly came home, she decided to re-establish her position in the herd, and took up butting Minnie straight away.

IMG060

It’s nice to see Holly home, I’ve missed her. My lovely wife, on the other hand, has not missed being pushed into the barbed wire fence by Holly … she is after-all a big goat for her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section