Sunday 22 July 2012

Close encounter with a Sheep

Today, the two Wiltipol sheep (Peaches and Apricot) got in and helped me in the workshop. I was working on my forge in the lean-to and when I went in to the workshop to get some tools, they were poking around looking very curious about what was in the workshop. Now these two sheep have always been very nervous and stand-offish, so I was very surprised to find them in my workshop.

After I shepherded them out, they went into the lean-to to see what I was doing in there.

Back and forth we went, me moving casually and just getting about my work, while the sheep seemed to be having a bit of a game of it.

Later, I tried to call the sheep in closer and they came. This is about as close to us as the sheep have come without being corralled for drenching or worming. I was quietly happy.

IMG108IMG109

They are lovely sheep and, it would appear, much more curious than I thought that sheep were. Still nowhere near as curious as the goats, but then goats are known for their outgoing nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section