Sunday 24 June 2012

The old quarantine pen is now gone

After about a half a days effort, I have finally removed the old quarantine pen. I had forgotten that I had tied a couple of 8 metre lengths of steel pipe to the bottom of the wire to stop the goats escaping from under the fence … damn but that steel pipe is unwieldy. Now it is on the top of the lean-to, along with the fencing wire.

The sheep are very happy that the quarantine pen is gone, it gives them access to another patch of grass that was unattainable previously.

I must say, I’m a bit sore from all of that wire cutting. I had to use a pair of side cutters for most of the cutting, but the 20cm bolt cutters were used for the old heavy gauge fencing wire … that stuff is tough.

The only thing left to do is to move the temporary shelters from the field and it will be job done. The temporary shelters need a little bit of attention, some of the wood has completely rotten away and the plywood that I used to cover them with is not really suitable.

I will get some corrugated iron sheets and make up the roof to a more suitable standard and reline the base so that the hay doesn’t just escape through the holes in the bottom.

Anyway, that’s my work over for the weekend. Now I can sit back and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section