Sunday 25 November 2012

Fence … when will you end?

This morning I got up and got on to fixing the fence. I needed to replace the temporary barrier by re-joining the two ends of the fence that runs east-west. The wire was in a pretty horrible state and it was too fragile to twist very much.

I reattached the tensioning wires and then attached the mesh using netting clips.

cross bar

The mesh overlapped a bit, so there is at least some support for the mesh, the staples will be holding the fence to the hurdle.

I stuffed up a little bit … the gate no longer opens past the hurdle. Never mind … the slope always made this a difficult way to open the gate anyway.

Tensioned Topline

The top line was then tensioned using the ratchet and then I walked down the fence to check the tension and to make sure there were no kinks preventing the line being tensioned. Halfway down the fence I noticed that a previous repair job on the fence had twisted the top and midline wires around each other, on the other side of the twist, the top-line was very loose … hrumph. I will need to cut the mid-wire and untwist it from the top, then I will put a tensioner on the other end of the fence as well.

Now that I have done what I can today … it’s time to go fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Section